Landmark n°1. Parroquia San Francisco de El Monte (San Francisco de El Monte Parish)
We start the tour on the former Convent of San Francisco, founded in 1732 (XVIII century) and declared national monument in 1974 (XX century). The parish convent has an impressive colonial architecture, thick adobe walls, with a single narrow and deep shed. The main altar was commissioned and brought to Chile by order of Don Pedro de Valdivia.