Landmark n°8. Parroquia Inmaculada Concepción (Immaculate Conception Parish)
It’s the main Catholic Church on the area. Erected on October 13, 1824 by Archbishop Ignacio Cienfuegos; its first venue was in the Convent of San Francisco de El Monte, its second venue is the current one in the Plaza de Talagante, ever since June 9, 1893 by decree of Bishop Rafael Valentín Valdivieso. It features the image of a Virgin of 2.80 meters (9 ft 2 in), which was manufactured from a single lump of wood. It was restored in 2017.
The place owns some highly prized relics that are small slivers of bones of the index fingers of Saint Teresa de Avila and Saint Juan de la Cruz. These holy fragments are sealed by the Vatican and are positioned in the center of the altar.
Address: Av. Bernardo O´Higgins 1295. Near the Municipality of Talagante.
Recommendations: Keep silent and respect the religious expressions.
Hours: Mondays through Fridays, 9:00 am to 1: 00 pm and 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm / Saturdays, 09:00 am to 1:00 pm.
Contact: Parish Priest, Gustavo Aravena – Office: +56-2815-1513 – E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Services: Access for people with reduced mobility and adapted toilets.